Every smartphone starts with running smoothly and instantly responds to every tap on the screen. But it is obvious that over a period of time, even some of the fasted smartphones can start to slow down. But don’t get too worked up by this. It is definitely an issue that can be fixed easily.
Let’s run through a guide to speed up your Android phone, and you will be surprised to know how quick the results are.
- Did you miss the recent update? Make sure your smartphone is up-to-date with each new update in the software. There is a new version of Android every few months, and with that, there is either a patch or a bug fix etc. These fixes can help you speed up your phone, so keep a regular check on the software for specific updates for apps.
- A custom ROM. A custom ROM is nothing but a custom version of Android. This custom ROM allows you to install mods from the community which can improve performance. It can also jump to the latest version of Android when your device isn’t readily supporting it.
- Clean the home screen. The home screen of your phone must be cleared once in a while. Often a screen covered with widgets like news, weather, events etc can slow down your phone’s performance. Try getting rid of those extra widgets. Using a better launcher can also help with the phone’s speed.
- Force GPU Rendering. The force GPU rendering trick will utilize your phone’s GPU instead of software rendering which is not making good use of this feature. This allows for quicker UI rendering, swift animations, and more buffer room for your CPU.
- Cache Data must be cleared. The information stored by the apps to launch them quicker is the cache data. Often websites cache images so that they can be shown faster next time. It’s ironic how something that is used to make your actions faster can also lead to slowing down your action in the future. So try removing the cache data. This is the most basic tip for all the Android users.
- Auto-Sync. If your phone has allowed to sync the data automatically, turn it off. You can also turn this off individually for all the apps. Be careful while installing and updating apps on your phone because they might be syncing constantly in the background and you are not aware of it.
- Background services. The apps that are running the background constantly are not always useful. Do a background check on your apps and check off the apps that you don’t need constant background updates on and things will speed up on your smartphone.
- Overclocking. Overclocking is often used by PC gamers in order to speed up the performance of the hardware. This can also work for a smartphone if you install a good overclocking app. But this will also impose restrictions on clock speed. Any battery drain or overheating is prevented and the phone can also be saved from internal damage.
Above mentioned are some important tips that you can use and carry out in case your Android phone is becoming slower. If none of these tips seem to work, you can simply go for a factory reset. The factory reset will get rid of all the junk accumulated over the period of time and that will help your phone get back its mojo, hopefully. For more insight on this, contact an android app development company.